The ERC launches a pilot call for the Synergy Grant
The European Research Council (ERC) launches a new initiative, the so-called Synergy Grant. ERC Synergy Grants will enable small groups of 2-4 Principal Investigators and their teams bringing together complementary skills, knowledge, and resources, to jointly address research problems at the frontier of knowledge going beyond what the individual Principal Investigators could achieve alone.
Essence in brief:
- Any field of pioneering frontier research
- 2-4 (in most cases interdisciplinary) groups collaborate
- Funding up to 15 Mio. Euro for up to 6 years
- Highly competitive, only 10-15 grants will be awarded
- Deadline for proposals: 25 January 2012
If you wish first hand information, contact Katja Wirth, the ERC national contact person for Switzerland.